- Italian sausages, lol.
- see a previous post about a Zani recipe to make “risotto” (rice dish) with mushrooms.
also Beckham learnt to cook risotto when he was here. He always says he misses Milan a lot. The typical Milanese one is yellow, with saffron (and sausage and onion - do not use onions in case of girls around, lol… better for your breath. Girls OR onions ^_^ - usually I have onions LOL). As the name says, risotto does not come from France (as the mayonnaise - it comes from my paradise island Minorca, name from the capital Mahon -> mahonesa).
- “cotoletta alla milanese” is also typical (cutlet, does not come from Austria).
Then there are other typical Milanese dishes but they are for old people, lol.
- one place you should go to buy great quality food is Excelsior (behind Duomo cathedral), it’s more than a supermarket, it becomes a fashionable activity. Or also the top floor of La Rinascente.
You’ll probably find Italian food expensive, but it’s quality.
- pasta, spaghetti, heart-shaped pizzas, etc.
There’s some place where you can have the “all you can eat” formula, pizzas or so many different kinds of pasta. You can even eat on a tram (Milano trams are even in California) while you’re going around the city.
One of my grandmothers was a cook in the hotel of my family in Sun Valley.
- cheese is great, Grana Padano, Gorgonzola (Liam Gallagher is a big fan) it’s the one that stinks lol, etc.
- to drink: Italian wine,appointed as the best in the world. My father makes it in the countryside (Sting too :)
- then I should add: gnocchi (gnocca = beautiful girl, lol), Milano panettone (a Christmas cake), etc. panzerotti Luini is a classic, eating along the street, beside the main Milan cinema, Odeon.
- But we also like foreign food. We often go to Santa Monica, our favourite American restaurant behind the cathedral (also Mexican), Kapuziner Platz (German), we prefer the one along Navigli channels, magic atmosphere. Not a big fan of Chinese or Japanese.
I love spicy food, I always add chilli or pepper.
I love tomato, I think I’m the only one even DRINKING tomato, even raw tomato. It’s also very good for your health, so: drink tomato, lol.
As Italian food is no doubt the best one in the world, food is also the theme of Milano Expo 2015, food for everyone.
the Spice Boy, lol
“Eating and cooking is a big part of the culture which I love love love love!!! I can’t wait to cook with them. Italians eat a lot of carbs and cheese but still manage to stay so skinny! Reason: walking A LOT, smaller portions and clean, natural food”
(American girl ;)